Wednesday 25 March 2015

Puppy, my Puppy

Just a quick ode to our Flip-Flop for Puppy Day.

Totally coincidentally, I was going to do a post about how cute Pixie and Flip-Flop are in the morning. Then Pixie rang me to yell at me about something while I was going to work, and I decided I did not want to write cute posts because I was grumpy.

I've written earlier about getting Flip-Flop and about my uncertainty if we were ready for a dog, but today I am writing a post because I love my puppy. Puppies, unlike almost teenagers, don't yell at you, they are always happy to see you, and they don't get grumpy when you make mistakes.

One of the cutest things about Flip-Flop is that she will come and kiss me good night ... just like the other puppies*. Ok, cute if slightly gross.

*Pixie and Flip-Flop both seem totally oblivious to the fact that they are separate species.

This morning I noticed that Flip-Flop has a new morning routine. As soon as she hears that the Pixie is awake she will will come running in and give the Pixie a good morning kiss. The rolls on her side next to the Pixie so the Pixie can cuddle her properly. Flip-Flop then hopefully rolls on her back for a tummy scratch.

Let sleeping puppies lie ....

I tried to explain to the Pixie that if Flip-Flop was letting Pixie give her people style cuddles it would be nice if she then rubbed Flip-Flop's tummy because puppies really like that.

Pixie looked confused and told me that the puppy was her favourite and that she loves her puppy and and her puppy loves her.

Lucky really.

My favourite part of this is that if I say to Flip-Flop "go find Pixie", she does. There is something sort of fun about sending the dog in to wake up your child. Karma, karma I tell you!

Disclaimer:
  • It is doubtful I am qualified to give parenting advice, there is still time for me to stuff up.
  • The dog is not actually allowed in my bed.
  • I am an accidental co-sleeper rather than a co-sleeping advocate. 
  • I didn't even realise I had co-slept with the girls until someone asked my advice.
  • I am not even allowed to give legal advice without supervision.
I would recommend finding more reliable sources for any advice of any nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment