Saturday 21 March 2015

Pifecta

While my St Patrick's Day celebrations may have been a bit hit and miss this year, we did celebrate International Pi Day in spectacular fashion.

I should make the disclaimer here that I am a total hypocrite. I usually dislike the MM/DD/YYY US format of writing the day. On Pi Day and Star Wars Day I totally forget this and join the celebrations in style.

While maths is not my subject in any way, shape or form, both my parents are mathematicians. Mum is a statistician who does clever medical research stuff, and Dad lectures in Maths at Uni. One of my sisters has a maths degree, and one of my other sisters got Mum to help her make a Pi dress for some event (possibly Pi Day? A lot of dedication went into that dress, I am sorry I don't have a picture to share with you). So Pi Day almost feels like a family celebration. There are not many Maths inspired days that I have come across.

I only had Buglet for International Pi Day, but she had three friends sleep over. They supported my pie for dessert plan!

Apple Pie for breakfast ....

 

... Meat Pi for lunch ....
 


... Lemon Pie for dinner .... its a Pifecta
 It was a Pifecta! (Get it? I think I am hilarious. The girls disagree).

In other news, the Pixie is continuing the family tradition of making up words. She has just informed my that the dog will not demuntification the house. She is trying to say that Flip-Flop will not make a mess. Although, as I am pretty sure that would make it a double negative, Pixie may have been sneakily telling me that Flip-Flop will make a mess.

I am being a bit social media happy at the moment. Check out a blog post one getting the girls' passports, or follow us on Twitter or Pinterest .

Happy Saturday everyone!

Disclaimer:
  • It is doubtful I am qualified to give parenting advice, there is still time for me to stuff up.
  • You will note that all my pies were shop bought.
  • I am not qualified to give maths advice.
  • I am not even allowed to give legal advice without supervision.
I would recommend finding more reliable sources for any advice of any nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment