Tuesday 3 March 2015

Mama days

For those of you who read my last post, after having a couple of days off Buglet is much improved. She is back at dance (and I am sitting here as I write) however is she marking steps this week and being super careful (monitoring her is not actually the reason I am here, but it is an added bonus).

But you know how sometimes it turns out things just work out best in hindsight? Well, while I would much rather that Buglet did not hurt herself, but since she did pick a good night.

I had been told to take my RDO the next day (I have a bad habit of being too busy to take them), so the very little sleep did not make as much difference as it could have.

(I should mention here that I also had a hair appointment booked it so I didn't spend much time with my broken child, but it still worked out better for me).

My RDO also came in very handy as I ended up making tutus for the Pixie's team for the swimming carnival. That would have been much harder after a full day's work on no sleep.

Pixie in her tutu
I would like to say that, for once, the last minute sewing was not my fault. Originally Tink had requested the tutus, and Tink reported back that I had been declared the coolest mum for knowing how to make them.

Then the boys in her team chickened out at the last minute.

Pixie very politely asked Tink if she would mind if Pixie's team used their idea.

Tink very politely said sure.

So I made five tutus in rainbow colours and I am happy to say they were a hit!

Pixie wearing a teams worth of tutus.
Tink's teammates commented on how cool the tutus were. This is before they realised that the Pixie is Tink's sister. Tink told me she pointed out that they could have been the ones with the tutus. I suspect that I will have a request for another batch of tutus for next year.

I am currently basking in the fact I was a hit in the high school circles. This doesn't happen much with teenagers.

Tip of the day: Tulle is really rough and making mass amounts of tutus may hurt your fingers. My hands must have gotten soft since last time I did this.

Disclaimer:
  • It is doubtful I am qualified to give parenting advice, there is still time for me to stuff up.
  • I am not qualified to give sewing advice.
  • Despite current popular opinion, I am not qualified to give advice on what is currently "cool".
  • I am not even allowed to give legal advice without supervision.
I would recommend finding more reliable sources for any advice of any nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment