Wednesday 3 December 2014

That moment of failure

I am not coping well with this one.

Pixie come into the lounge looking for a book. Very confusingly she was looking for the book she was holding. Turns out that the one she was holding was a school copy and she was looking for our copy.

I didn't think we had it. Although, to be fair, we have a lot of books and I haven't read all the teenage ones.

She insisted we did because she recognised it is as looking good. Although the issue was that apparently it was not a good book, and my Pixie was highly indignant that it looked good and then did not live up to expectations.

Me: But you just said it was a good book and that is why you remembered us having it?
Pixie: I said I had seen it here and it looked good but I was mistooken.
Me: Mistaken.
Pixie firmly: Mistooken.
Me: Why isn't it good? 
Pixie: It just isn't; read the cover.
Me: It sounds good.
Pixie: No it isn't. You read it and tell me.
Me: What is it about?
Pixie: I haven't read it. It is not a good book.
Me confused: How do you know?
Pixie: I read the blurb.
Me: Don't you know never to judge a book by its cover?
Pixie: I didn't. The blurb is on the inside. I read that. And the last chapter was boring.

And that, dear readers, is the moment my heart broke. Shattered into a tiny pieces.

My latest read. I am a bit excited about this one!

Broken I tell you!! I may never recover from this shock. If you need me I will be hiding with book trying to deal with the trauma.

Disclaimer:
  • I am happy to give reading recommendations
  • It is doubtful I am qualified to give parenting advice, there is still time for me to stuff up.
  • .I am not even allowed to give legal advice without supervision.
I would recommend finding more reliable sources for any advice of any nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment